Friday, January 13, 2012

Man what a week it has been! Around 4 am on last Thursday
morning I woke up with extreme pain in my lower abdomen.
It was some of the worst pain of my life. I thought that
it would maybe go away but it didn't. So on Friday my mom
and I decided that I needed to go to the doctor. What I
thought would be just a regular appointment turned into a
day of tests at the hospital. After what seemed to be hours
of waiting the results came back that I had a large cyst
in my abdomen. When I thought that the tests were over I
found out that I would have an ultrasound the next day.
At this point I was getting really worried. All the research
that I read was pointing to the fact that I probably would
have to have surgery. After a few more appointments it was
official I had to have surgery, that afternoon! Cue the tears!
I was such a mess. After everything was said and done they
removed an almost three inch mass from my ovary. The thought
of that being in my body is crazy. Looking back I have learned
that you have to give your worries up to God because you are
in his hands. I am thankful that I had the support system that
was praying for me. I know that if I didn't have God I would
have freaked out. Thanks to everyone who was thinking and praying
for me. I am feeling a lot better and am ready to get back to
school. Have a great week! God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment